#3- Well, I got down on my hands and knees with bucket, sponge, and putty knife (no joke) in hand and chiseled away at the dining room floor which pretty much looked like an elementary school cafeteria after a food fight. It's clean as a whistle now and ready to eat off of. And if Ben doesn't shape up soon, that's where he'll be eating off of! Ben and I have declared war. He's in the stage where he looks me straight in the eye, little eyebrow up with the "what are you going to do about this" look, slowly moves his hand with food over the edge of his tray, holds it there for a second, small little mischevious smile, and then BAM! he drops it. Then it's rapid fire, he gets as much off his tray as he can in 5 seconds. I give a firm NO!, ask him nicely to put it in his mouth, SHOW him how to put it in his mouth, ignore him, nothing works. Now he takes one look at his food and shakes his head no. Ben, I tell him, you haven't even TRIED it. I declared a mini-victory tonight when he whined and cried for 10 full minutes (Eric and I were pretty much done eating by this point) before he finally gave in and ate 5 or 6 pieces of pasta. Then he went back to throwing it on the floor. Anyways, kitchen island is looking better, kitchen floor and one bathroom got cleaned today. Things are looking shinier by the minute!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Resolution update
So I've been working on my silly resolutions...only #'s 2 and 3 though. I spoke too soon saying Eric hadn't been sick. He got sick the next day. I guess someone heard my call for a cure in liquid form though because when I took the boys to the doctor again Cal had double ear infections and Ben had a sinus infection, sore throat, and ears that were on the verge of infection...hence, meds! So everyone should be on the mend soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment